Epiduo; Epiduo Forte
Tactupump; Tactupump Plus
- It is used to treat pimples (acne).
- If your child has an allergy to this drug or any part of this drug.
- If your child is allergic to any drugs like this one or any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell the doctor about the allergy and what signs your child had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- Tell dentists, surgeons, and other doctors that your child is using this drug.
- Certain acne products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid can rarely cause very bad and sometimes life-threatening allergic reactions or very bad irritation. Before first use, you may need to follow certain steps to make sure your child does not have an allergic reaction. Put on this drug as you were told by the doctor or read the package label. Talk with the doctor.
- Use care when putting on. It may bleach hair or colored fabric.
- Skin may look worse before it looks better.
- Your child may get sunburned more easily. Avoid lots of sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen and dress your child in clothing and eyewear that protects him/her from the sun.
- Some weather conditions may irritate the skin. Talk with the doctor.
- Do not wax the affected skin. This may irritate the skin.
- Use of other skin products while using this drug may cause more irritation.
- Talk with your child’s doctor before you use other drugs or products on your child’s skin.
- It may take several weeks to see the full effects.
- This drug may cause harm if swallowed. If this drug is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- People using this drug may get skin reactions where this drug is used. These reactions may include burning, dryness, redness, scaling, or stinging. Most of the time, these reactions will go away within 4 weeks after starting this drug. If these reactions last for longer than 4 weeks or get worse, talk with the doctor.
If your child is pregnant or breast-feeding a baby:
- Talk with the doctor if your child is pregnant, becomes pregnant, or is breast-feeding a baby. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
- Do not give by mouth. Use on your child’s skin only. Keep out of your child’s mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Do not put on cuts, scrapes, eczema, or damaged skin.
- Do not put on sunburned skin.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected part and rub in gently.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) unless told to do so by the doctor.
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your child’s next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your child’s normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses or extra doses.
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from light.
- Protect from heat.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- If your child’s symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your child’s doctor.
- Do not share your child’s drug with others and do not give anyone else’s drug to your child.
- Keep a list of all your child’s drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your child’s doctor.
- Talk with your child’s doctor before giving your child any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your child’s doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
If you have any questions or concerns, talk with a member of your healthcare team. You can reach them Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at ____________________. After 5:00 pm, during the weekend, and on holidays, please call____________________. If there’s no number listed, or you’re not sure, call 212-639-2000.
Adapalene and Benzoyl Peroxide©2016 Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Generated on February 12, 2016