Ulesfia; Zilactin [OTC]
- It is used to treat head lice.
- It is used to treat cold sores.
- It is used to treat canker sores.
- If you have an allergy to benzyl alcohol or any other part of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- Do not give this drug to a newborn.
- Tell dentists, surgeons, and other doctors that you use this drug.
- This drug may cause harm if swallowed. If this drug is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad mouth pain or irritation.
- Very bad scalp irritation.
- Irritation where this drug is used.
- Scalp irritation.
- Follow how to use carefully.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Do not swallow this drug.
- Put a thin layer on the affected part with a cotton swab or clean fingertip.
- Let dry for 30 to 60 seconds.
- This drug may catch on fire. Do not use near an open flame or while smoking.
- Do not take this drug by mouth. Use on your scalp and hair only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, ears, and eyes (may burn).
- Do not wet hair before putting on lotion.
- Cover eyes and face with a towel.
- Coat hair and scalp.
- Work into hair and scalp gently.
- Do not cover head while lotion is on hair.
- Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse fully.
- Use special nit comb or tweezers to get rid of dead nits (lice eggs) from hair.
- Wash all bedding, towels, and recently worn clothes in hot water or have them dry cleaned.
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- Do not put on 2 doses or extra doses.
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- Protect from heat or open flame.
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
If you have any questions or concerns, talk with a member of your healthcare team. You can reach them Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at ____________________. After 5:00 pm, during the weekend, and on holidays, please call____________________. If there’s no number listed, or you’re not sure, call
Benzyl Alcohol©2015 Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Generated on June 30, 2015