With a little planning, you can eat healthy even while you’re at work. Bring bottles of water, pack a lunch, and prepare snacks for the day. These tips will help you stay healthy on the road.Back to top
Choose water when you are thirsty
Bring bottles of tap water from home instead of buying soda, juice, or sports drinks. New York City tap water is clean and free! This will save you money and calories.
In summer months, freeze tap water in a bottle and bring it with you in the cab. The ice will melt during your shift and you will always have a cold drink ready.Back to top
Choose healthy snacks and meals for when you get hungry
- Snack on fruits and vegetables instead of chips. You will stay full longer and get better nutrition for your money.
- Bananas, apples, and other fruits make an easy snack you can eat on the road.
- Cut up vegetables like carrots and celery at home and bring them in a small bag.
- Eat a small handful of unsalted walnuts, almonds ,pistachios, or other nuts every day to help keep your heart healthy.
- Bring your lunch from home. This will save you money, and it’s healthier. Restaurant foods have a lot of salt.
For more information point your smartphone camera at this QR code, and tap the link to learn more.
NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission (TLC) Driver Resources