This information explains how to set up your iHealth pulse oximeter so it automatically sends your results to your MSK healthcare provider.
A pulse oximeter is a device you place on your finger. It measures your blood oxygen level (how much oxygen is in your blood) and pulse rate (how fast your heart is beating). These measurements show how well oxygen is getting to different areas of your body.
Your iHealth pulse oximeter records your results in your iHealth account. Linking your iHealth account to your MyMSK (MSK patient portal) account lets it automatically send your results to your MSK healthcare provider. This will help them make decisions about your care while you’re at home.Back to top
How To Connect Your iHealth Account to Your MyMSK Account
If you don’t already have the MyMSK and iHealth MyVitals applications (apps) on your smartphone or tablet, download them now.
- Open the MyMSK app on your smartphone or tablet (see Figure 1) and log in (see Figure 2).
- Tap the three bars on the upper left corner to show the menu, if needed. Then, tap Messages (see Figure 3).
- Tap the message from “iHealth Pulse Oximeter Invite” (see Figure 4). Then, tap the “iHealth” link in the body of the message (see Figure 5).
- The link will bring you to the iHealth login page (see Figure 6). This is different from the MyMSK login. Tap “Create Account” and follow the steps to make an iHealth account.
- Once you’ve created an iHealth account, you’ll see a screen asking to access your iHealth data. Don’t uncheck any of the boxes. Scroll to the bottom and tap “Link” (see Figure 7). A success message will appear (see Figure 8). Tap “Okay” to close it.
Your iHealth account is now linked to your MyMSK account. You can close the MyMSK app.Back to top
How To Connect Your iHealth Pulse Oximeter to Your iHealth Account
Before you start, make sure your smartphone or tablet has Bluetooth turned on.
- Open the iHealth MyVitals app on your smartphone or tablet (see Figure 9).
- The app may ask for permission to access Bluetooth. If it does, tap “OK.” If you don’t allow it to access Bluetooth, the app won’t be able to connect to the iHealth pulse oximeter.
- The app may ask for permission to send you notifications. If it does, you can choose if you want to allow them.
- The app may ask for permission to access other apps on your smartphone or tablet (such as Health). If it does, you can choose if you want to let it.
- If needed, log in using the email and password you used when you made the account (see Figure 10).
- Enter your information. Then, tap “Done” (see Figure 11).
- Tap the 3 bars in the upper left corner to show the menu. Then, tap “Set Up My Devices” (see Figure 12).
- Tap “Select New Device” to show a list of devices. Then, tap “Pulse Oximeter” (see Figure 13).
- If the display on your iHealth pulse oximeter isn’t lit up, press the button to turn it on. Then, tap “Next” at the bottom of your smartphone or tablet’s screen (see Figure 14).
- A pop-up with your pulse oximeter’s serial number will appear (see Figure 15). Tap the serial number. The app will start connecting to your pulse oximeter (see Figure 16). After a few seconds, it will confirm your iHealth pulse oximeter is connected and ready to use (see Figure 17).
Your iHealth pulse oximeter is now connected to your iHealth account. You can close the iHealth MyVitals app.Back to top
How To Use Your iHealth Pulse Oximeter
When you use your iHealth pulse oximeter, you’ll use the iHealth MyVitals app. You don’t need to sign into MyMSK or open the MyMSK app.
For instructions for using your iHealth Pulse Oximeter, read the resource How to Use Your iHealth® Pulse Oximeter.Back to top
If you need help with your iHealth pulse oximeter, call your healthcare provider’s office.Back to top