This information describes what you can expect during your surgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering’s (MSK) Monmouth facility.
Read this before your surgery and refer to it on the day of your surgery so that you know what to do and what to expect. Remember to also review the educational resources your nurse gave you.Back to top
About MSK Monmouth
MSK Monmouth is a state of the art ambulatory care and surgery center. Your care there will be based on your surgery and designed specifically for you. We will talk with you so that you’ll know what to expect at every step.Back to top
The Day of Your Surgery
What to bring
- Your prescription card, if you would like to have your prescriptions filled at MSK Monmouth.
Where to go
- MSK Monmouth is located at 480 Red Hill Road, Middletown, NJ 07748.
- Follow the signs for the Lower Concourse when you enter the parking lot.
- There is free parking by the Lower Concourse entrance, with additional parking to the right of the entrance. Free valet parking is also available.
- Go through the Lower Concourse entrance. You will be directed to the surgical check-in area on the 2nd floor.
- We will ask you for the name and contact information of the person who will take you home when your surgery is finished.
What to expect in the pre-surgical center
- After you check-in, a member of your healthcare team will bring you into the pre-surgical center.
- You will meet with your healthcare team who will review your medical history and answer any questions you may have.
- Your nurse will bring you to the operating room when it’s time for your surgery.
Information for Caregivers and Visitors
To keep patients and staff safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve made updates to our visitor policy. Visit www.mskcc.org/visit for more information.
Back to top
After Your Surgery
At MSK Monmouth
A member of your healthcare team will take you to your private recovery room. When you’re awake, your nurse will help you get ready to go home. They will:
- Encourage you to walk.
- Give you something to eat and drink.
- Review your discharge instructions with you.
- Answer any questions you may have.
You can then go home with your caregiver. If your healthcare team feels you need to stay overnight, you will be taken to a Meridian Health facility.
When you’re at home
The day after you go home, a member of your healthcare team will call you to see how you’re feeling and answer any questions.Back to top