Ensuring the health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority as we continue to meet the challenges presented by COVID-19. Limiting the number of people in our facilities is one of most important safeguards we’ve put in place, and one way we’re doing that is by maintaining a limited visitor policy.
In collaboration with the New York State Department of Health we are participating in a two-week pilot program in which we will begin to allow some hospitalized patients to have visitors.
In-person visitors are only allowed in the following circumstances:
- Beginning May 26, 2020, some patients admitted to Memorial Hospital will be permitted visitors in the following circumstances:
- Inpatients will be allowed one visitor per day. No change of visitors is permitted during visiting hours.
- Memorial Hospital visiting hours are restricted to between 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm daily.
- All visitors must be at least 18 years old.
- All visitors should enter at the Main Entrance at 1275 York Avenue, where they must register.
- Visitors are not permitted on the 7th, 8th and 12th floors due to the immunocompromised condition of many patients on those floors.
- Patients at the end-of-life
- Two caregivers will be allowed to visit at the same time, with the ability to swap visitors throughout the day.
- Pediatric patients
- One parent/caregiver will be permitted to visit.
Virtual Visitor Program
We understand how important it is for your loved ones to be together when facing cancer, and we’re here to help. Whether your loved one is admitted to the hospital or coming in for an outpatient appointment, we have ways to keep you connected.
Caregivers and loved ones can use technology to stay in touch, and we will assist in facilitating those virtual connections. Please feel free to bring a personal device with you to connect with caregivers and loved ones during your appointment and while you are in our care. If you’re new to using technology to keep in contact, we’ve put together some information about how to use common apps to get you started.
For patients at our MSK locations, we have tablets and phones available for use along with staff to help you use them. Patients receiving treatment in our outpatient locations can use the technology in our treatment rooms to video chat with their loved ones during appointments.Back to top
What to Know When Arriving at MSK
All visitors will be screened for symptoms (a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, body aches, chills, or new loss of sense of taste or smell). If the visitor has any of these symptoms, they will not be allowed to visit.
All patients, staff, and visitors must wear masks at MSK clinical locations. An MSK staff member will give you a mask when you arrive. Please wear that mask at all times.
For patients with appointments at Memorial Hospital, please use the entrance at 1275 York Avenue between 67th and 68th Streets.
For patients who need help getting out of the car and into the building, an MSK staff member will be able to meet and assist them.
We appreciate your understanding as we continue to make adjustments to our policies and procedures to protect our patients and staff.Back to top