Over the next six weeks, this unique combination of a 30-minute mat practice and a 30-minute restorative practice will help you start your morning with balance and ease. In the first half, you will practice yoga postures that support strength and balance. In the slower-paced restorative practice, you will use props to support conscious relaxation. Each session will integrate pranayama (breathing practices) and guided meditation to help elicit the relaxation response and ease you into the rest of your day.
This series open to people who have been treated for cancer and their caregivers.
- Tina Paul, MS, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, certified Yoga 4 Cancer™
You Will Need:
- A yoga mat, exercise mat, or a large towel
- Two blankets
- Two yoga blocks, or thick books
- Water to stay hydrated
- A computer with a high-speed Internet connection, or a tablet, such as an iPad, or a smartphone
- A webcam, speaker, and microphone. If you do not have a microphone and speaker, you can participate in the class by phone. You will receive the phone number once you register
- Google Chrome or Firefox as your internet browser
What to Wear:
- Comfortable clothing so you can move easily
You Must Be Able To:
- Move from standing to lying down on the ground safely