This is an online support group for young adults (ages 21 to 39) receiving active cancer treatment at MSK. Discussions will focus on how the young adult cancer experience is unique given this developmental stage. Topics may include:
- Adjusting to a cancer diagnosis
- Communicating with friends, family, and caregivers
- Changes to your body
- Impact of diagnosis and treatment on intimate relationships
- Adjusting to the uncertainties of treatment
- Balancing academic/career responsibilities
- Coping strategies
This group is led by an oncology social worker.
This support group is open to MSK patients.
Date & Time(s)
David Sarfati, LCSW
Fiona Begg, LCSW