At Memorial Sloan Kettering, social workers play an important role in providing emotional support and guidance to people with cancer, as well as friends, families, and caregivers.
Social workers are assigned to each patient floor of Memorial Hospital, and are also present at our regional facilities.
Meet our team of social workers.
At MSK, clinical social workers serve an important role helping individuals, families, and caregivers cope with the impact of a cancer diagnosis.
Some of the roles that social workers provide at MSK include:
- Leading support groups and programs as well as live online virtual offerings
- Helping with logistical concerns surrounding transportation, finances, and other practical issues
- Helping people deal with the impact of cancer on employment
- Overseeing aspects of our 65+ program that coordinates the care of our older cancer patients
- Overseeing elements of survivorship initiatives that occur through our Resources for Life After Cancer program
- Managing our bereavement program designed to help people who have lost a loved one to cancer
To speak with a social worker, please ask your Memorial Sloan Kettering doctor or nurse, or call the Department of Social Work directly at 212-639-7020.