Options to preserve fertility before treatment include:
- Sperm cryopreservation (freezing of sperm)
- Sperm banking (semen sample obtained by masturbation)
- Electroejaculation (semen sample obtained under anesthesia by electrical stimulation)
- Testicular sperm extraction/epididymal aspiration (sperm obtained under anesthesia by testicular biopsy or aspiration)
- Testicular tissue cryopreservation (freezing of testicular tissue obtained under anesthesia; investigational only, for prepubertal boys)
- Testicular shielding (covering of the testes during treatment with radiation directed to the pelvis or groin)
The resources below can provide you with additional information on fertility preservation and family building options.
Search within each site for specific topics.