Gynecologic Medical Oncology
Students will join members of the Gynecologic Medical Oncology Division of Solid Tumor Oncology and participate in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients with gynecologic cancers (including cervical, ovarian, uterine). Students will attend four weeks of outpatient solid tumor clinics where they will be expected to assist in new patient and follow-up evaluations. Students will have the opportunity to participate in outpatient clinics and in the infusion suite. Students are expected to attend the Gynecologic Medical Oncology Disease Management Team (DMT) meeting which including didactics and tumor board discussions and attend Medical Grand Rounds.
- Pretreatment evaluation of an oncologic patient
- Learn about management of gynecologic cancers
- Gain familiarity with a variety of treatments in gynecologic treatments
- Gain exposure to the principles of clinical trials and various therapeutic protocols
- NCCN Guidelines
- Current articles will be provided during rotation