People with cancer, as well as their families and friends, cope with cancer and cancer treatment in different ways. Counselors at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, including both psychiatrists and psychologists, are experienced in structuring counseling sessions to meet the needs of individuals, couples, or families. Our counselors are also available to patients during their hospital stays.
We offer a number of specialized clinics including:
- therapy for mood and anxiety disorders
- cognitive-behavioral therapy
- supportive psychotherapy
- couple and family therapy
- child and adolescent psychiatry
- parenting guidance
- hypnosis and mindfulness-based therapy
- neuropsychological testing and cognitive rehabilitation
- sexual therapy for men and women
- psychogeriatric care
- bereavement care
The Counseling Center welcomes all people with cancer, regardless of whether you are receiving care at Memorial Sloan Kettering or at another institution.