The goal of the SPORE in Breast Cancer Developmental Research Program is to establish mechanisms for rapid funding of important new directions to accelerate progress towards the translational research goals of our SPORE. This RFA is designed to support young investigators as well as established investigators focusing on basic, translational research relevant to genomic instability in breast cancer
Each year, between 3 and 5 meritorious applications will be funded. The maximum award will be $50,000 per year. Applicants will be funded for one year, with potential funding for an additional year(s) contingent on significant documented progress during the first year of funding. Funding priority will be given to projects with the potential of graduating into full SPORE research projects.
- MD, MD/PhD, or PhD degree in a relevant area of research.
- Appointed as faculty members at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Cornell Medical College, or Rockefeller University.
- Demonstrated commitment to an academic career in translational research related to breast cancer.
- Agree to participate in all relevant conferences and activities related to the MSK SPORE in Breast Cancer for the duration of support.
Proposals cannot be currently funded by an extramural agency or foundation. The budget is limited to $50,000 per year, direct costs. Indirect costs are not allowed. Applications must be in 11-point Arial. Margins must be at least 0.50 inches wide on all sides of each page. Proposals must be submitted as a single PDF document. The following should be included.
- Cover Page including applicant’s name, staff rank, and amount requested.
- Research Plan (2-page limit) including the following: Title, Specific Aims, Background and Significance, Innovation, and Approach (including Rigor and Reproducibility). Tables and figures are included within the 2-page limit; references do not fall within the limit.
- Biosketches for all key personnel (NIH-specified format), listing existing and pending research support.
- Budget and budget justification.
Proposals must be submitted electronically to the SPORE administrator Tiara Williamson ([email protected]) by October 31, 2023.
Dates and Deadlines
Electronic application deadline: October 31, 2023 at (Eastern time)
Notification of award: December 6, 2023
Award start date: January 1, 2024