I am a board-certified head and neck surgeon and health-services researcher. My colleagues at Memorial Sloan Kettering and I practice a team approach and are focused on achieving excellent results for our patients by helping them choose the best techniques and treatments for their individual circumstances and needs.
Decisions regarding cancer treatment can be challenging. I take pride in helping my patients navigate these decisions based on the things that really matter to them. Surviving cancer is always a chief concern, but so is quality of life after treatment. The most important question I ask myself is, “What would I recommend if this were my family member?” My research in healthcare delivery is based on this desire to individualize and improve treatment decisions. Health-services research in general aims to develop innovative ways to ensure the highest-quality and greatest-value care, so that people can return to their lives as quickly as possible.
- Clinical Expertise: Tumors of the thyroid gland, mouth, pharynx (throat), larynx (voice box), esophagus, and dentoalveolar structures; parathyroid adenoma; minimally invasive transoral surgery of the oropharynx and larynx; tumors of the parotid and salivary glands; benign and malignant diseases of the nasal cavity, sinuses, and skull base; skin cancers including melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and Merkel cell carcinoma; tumors of the ear canal and temporal bone; nerves and blood vessels of the neck; soft tissue sarcoma; benign and malignant diseases of the larynx and trachea
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine; MSHP, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residencies: New York University Medical Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Board Certifications: Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more