I am a medical oncologist with research interests in all areas of care related to breast cancer. My clinical practice is devoted solely to the treatment of patients with breast cancer; my research is focused on prevention of the disease, prevention of recurrence after surgery, and treatment of recurrences.
Working with a broad team of experts at Memorial Sloan Kettering and throughout the world, I am involved in clinical and translational studies that aim to develop better hormone therapies, improved chemotherapy drugs, more-effective and less toxic methods of drug delivery, and newer highly specific agents. A particular research focus of my team at Memorial Sloan Kettering and collaborators at Weill Cornell Medical College is the interplay between inflammation, obesity, and breast cancer, and we are now actively translating our findings into clinically relevant trials with the potential to reduce the global burden of breast and other cancers. All of the clinical research I am involved with is conducted both at Memorial Sloan Kettering, through the Breast Cancer Disease Management Team and the Breast Cancer Medicine Service, and nationally through several collaborative groups including the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, where I am Co-Chair of the Breast Cancer Committee, and the Translational Breast Cancer Research Consortium, where I serve on the Steering Committee. In addition, in June 2013 I began a one-year term as President of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- Clinical Expertise: Breast Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, The Medical College of Pennsylvania
- Residencies: Hospital of the Medical College of Pennsylvania; Philadelphia Veterans Administration Hospital
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Clifford A. Hudis
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Clifford A. Hudis
- A Phase III Study of the Value of Early Local Therapy for the Intact Primary Tumor in Patients with Metastatic Breast Cancer
- A Pilot Study of Yoga Practice for Breast or Ovarian Cancer Survivors
- Acupuncture for Chronic Lymphedema After Breast Cancer Treatment
- Molecular Mechanisms of Clinical Resistance to Anti-HER2 Therapy Among Patients with HER2-Amplified Breast Cancer