I am a urologic surgeon with expertise in the treatment of urologic tumors — which include bladder, urethral, and kidney cancers. I am currently heading clinical trials at Memorial Sloan Kettering to evaluate new therapies for the treatment of high-risk superficial bladder cancer in patients who are resistant to bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) therapy, the standard treatment. I also have expertise in nerve-sparing radical cystectomy followed by bladder reconstruction. I have written a number of articles, and I am on the editorial boards of and a reviewer for several peer-reviewed journals.
- Clinical Expertise: Bladder Cancer; Upper Tract; Urologic Oncology; Kidney Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Cairo University Faculty of Medicine (Egypt); MD, University of Parma (Italy)
- Residencies: Cabrini Medical Center (New York); New York University Medical Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Urology
Dalbagni G, Russo P, Sheinfeld J, Mazumdar M, Tong W, Rabbani F, Donat MS, Herr HW, Sogani P, dePalma D, Bajorin D. Phase I trial of intravesical gemcitabine in bacillus Calmette-Guerin-refractory transitional-cell carcinoma of the bladder.. J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20(15) :3193-8
Dalbagni G, Donat SM, Eschwege P, Herr HW, Zelefsky MJ. Results of high-dose brachytherapy (HDR-BRT), anterior pelvic exenteration and external beam radiotherapy for carcinoma of the female urethra. J Urol 2001; 166 :1759-1761
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.