I am a board-certified medical oncologist focusing on the treatment of genitourinary cancers. I work as a part of a multidisciplinary team to provide complete care for patients. I believe that shared decision-making is an important part of cancer care, with patient education being an important part of my philosophy of patient care. Prior to arriving at Memorial Sloan Kettering, I was the Clinical Director of the Genitourinary Oncology Center and Director of the Bladder Cancer Center at the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center of Harvard Medical School.
Read more Read less
The goal of my research is to improve care for patients with bladder cancer. I conduct clinical trials of new treatments that target molecular pathways important in bladder cancer growth and progression. My research includes understanding the genetic changes that lead to bladder cancer aggressiveness, and trying to exploit those changes to develop new bladder cancer treatments.
While my research interests are focused on bladder cancer, I have extensive experience treating prostate, penile, and kidney cancer. I serve on multiple national committees focused on improving the treatments of genitourinary and bladder cancers. I have presented my research at multiple national meetings, and serve on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Clinical Oncology.
- Clinical Expertise: Bladder Cancer; Ureter Cancer; Urachal Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Transitional Cell (urothelial) Carcinoma, Urethral Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Penile Cancer, Kidney Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology - University of California Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Jonathan E. Rosenberg
- A Phase I Study of ASG-22CE in Patients with Metastatic Urothelial Cancers Containing Nectin-4
- A Phase II Study of Two Dosing Schedules of Atezolizumab Immunotherapy plus Chemotherapy for Metastatic Bladder Cancer
- A Phase III Study of Atezolizumab Immunotherapy versus Observation After Bladder Removal Surgery in Patients with Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- A Pilot Study of BGJ398 in Patients with Recurrent Bladder Cancer that Has Not Invaded the Muscle Wall
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Jonathan E. Rosenberg
- A Phase I Study of the CVA21 Virus plus Pembrolizumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer or Bladder Cancer
- A Phase II Study Assessing Mediators of Response to Nivolumab and Ipilimumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Advanced Melanoma or Bladder Cancer
- A Phase III Study of Nivolumab Immunotherapy versus Placebo to Treat High-Risk Urothelial Cancers after Surgery
- A Study of Presurgical Atezolizumab Immunotherapy with Gemcitabine and Cisplatin in Patients with Metastatic Bladder Cancer
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more