I am a medical oncologist and hematologist who cares for people with bone marrow disorders, leukemias, lymphomas, and certain types of solid tumors. I specialize in allogeneic (donor provided) bone marrow and stem cell transplants. My research focuses on the biology of the natural killer cell, a white blood cell with antitumor behavior, and its role in affecting the outcome of transplants. A major goal of my research is to determine how natural killer cells can be used to improve the treatment of cancers.
- Clinical Expertise: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology; Hematology
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, PhD, Cornell University Medical College
- Residencies: Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard University
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Hematology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Katharine C. Hsu
- A Feasibility Study of Induction Chemotherapy Followed by G-CSF-Mobilized Stem Cells from Partially Matched Donors to Treat Acute Myelogenous Leukemia in Elderly Patients
- A Phase I Study of Anti-GD2 3F8 Antibody and Allogeneic Natural Killer Cells for High-Risk Neuroblastoma
- A Phase I Study of Hu3F8 with Donated Natural Killer Cells to Treat Recurrent or Persistent Neuroblastoma
- A Study Assessing Stem Cell Transplantation from a Half-Matched Related Donor, Using KIR Genes as well as Other Factors to Determine the Best Donor
- Transplantation of Unrelated Donor Double-Unit Cord Blood with T-Cell-Depleted Stem Cells for Patients with High-Risk Hematologic Cancers
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more