I am a medical oncologist with more than 40 years of experience, including service as a medical officer in the US Army. I have been a member of MSK’s Genitourinary Oncology Service since 1993. I care for people with prostate cancer and other genitourinary cancers. My focus is on those with newly diagnosed prostate cancer who want advice about the best initial treatment. I also care for those who need treatment for more-advanced disease or cancer that has come back. I have a strong interest in quality assurance and performance improvement. I helped lead MSK’s quality assurance initiative for more than 15 years. I also serve as Medical Director of the Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Care (RLCC) in Harlem.
Read more Read less
The RLCC is a nonprofit treatment center that was created through a partnership between the Polo Ralph Lauren Foundation and MSK. Our goal is to ensure that traditionally underserved New Yorkers can get state-of-the-art cancer care. As Medical Director, I strive to preserve this core mission while strengthening the connection between both of our organizations. Part of this work is giving community members access to the latest research breakthroughs and clinical trials.
- Clinical Expertise: Prostate Cancer; Genitourinary Malignancies
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - North Shore University Hospital; Internal Medicine - New York University Medical Center; Internal Medicine - Manhattan Veterans' Affairs Medical Center
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more