I am a board-certified medical oncologist with almost 40 years of experience, which included 18 years of community oncology practice. I am also a veteran of the U.S. Army, having served two years of active duty at HQ Allied Forces Central Europe in the Netherlands. I specialize in the treatment of genitourinary cancers, but my primary focus is on prostate cancer. Although the majority of my patients have advanced prostate cancer, I also provide consultation to newly diagnosed patients and those with early stage prostate cancer. I also see patients with cancers of unknown primary origin and, in some instances, patients with strong clinical evidence of cancer, but who are not yet diagnosed. If the final diagnosis involves a cancer outside my field of expertise, I refer these patients to another doctor at Memorial Sloan Kettering.
My experience with prostate cancer led to my interest in investigating bleeding and clotting problems associated with the disease. More recently I have been investigating prostate cancer in men from Jamaica and elsewhere in the Caribbean, a group that is thought to be at particularly high risk.
My focus on prostate cancer led me to write Rx/Dx Prostate Cancer, a reference book for physicians covering current diagnostic procedures and treatment approaches, published in 2007 and updated in 2011.
- Clinical Expertise: Prostate Cancer; Unknown Primary Tumors; Genitourinary Malignancies
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Residencies: Cornell Cooperating Hospitals (New York); North Shore University Hospital; New York University Medical Center; Manhattan Veterans Administration Hospital
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; The New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more