I am a hematologist-oncologist who specializes in the study and treatment of lymphoma. My work focuses on the development of novel therapies for patients with B cell lymphoma, particularly the indolent lymphomas (follicular, marginal zone, small lymphocytic) and Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia, as well as chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
My research interest is in tumor immunology and signal transduction. I am involved in the development of novel therapies that exploit the immune system as a way to treat cancer. I am also interested in developing targeted therapies for lymphoma and in understanding the mechanisms by which these therapies work.
I am also a member of the Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia Clinical Trial Group.
- Clinical Expertise: Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas; Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL); waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia; Translational Studies in Lymphoma
- Languages Spoken: English; Italian
- Education: MD, University of Pavia (Italy)
- Residencies: Mount Auburn Hospital (Boston)
- Fellowships: University Hospital of Pavia (Italy); Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Hematology (Italy); Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by M. Lia Palomba
- A Phase I Study of IMGN529 in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Phase I/II Study of IMO-8400 in Patients with Persistent or Recurrent Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia
- A Phase IB Study of MPDL3280A plus Obinutuzumab in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Lymphoma
- A Phase III Study of Rituximab plus Ibrutinib or Placebo in Patients with Persistent Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by M. Lia Palomba
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more