I am a hematologist-oncologist who specializes in the study and treatment of lymphoma. My work focuses on the development of novel therapies for patients with B cell lymphoma, particularly the indolent lymphomas (follicular, marginal zone, small lymphocytic) and Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia, as well as chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
My research interest is in tumor immunology and signal transduction. I am involved in the development of novel therapies that exploit the immune system as a way to treat cancer. I am also interested in developing targeted therapies for lymphoma and in understanding the mechanisms by which these therapies work.
I am also a member of the Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia Clinical Trial Group.
- Clinical Expertise: Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas; Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL); waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia; Translational Studies in Lymphoma
- Languages Spoken: English; Italian
- Education: MD, University of Pavia
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Mount Auburn Hospital
- Fellowships: Hematology - IRCCS Hospital San Mateo; Hematology/Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College
- Board Certifications: Hematology (Italy); Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by M. Lia Palomba
- A Phase I Study of Immunotherapy with Genetically Modified T Cells to Treat Recurrent or Persistent B-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Phase I/II Study of Lenalidomide plus Obinutuzumab and Atezolizumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Follicular Lymphoma
- A Phase IB Study of Immunotherapy with Atezolizumab plus Obinutuzumab in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Lymphoma
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by M. Lia Palomba
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more