I am a gastroenterologist who specializes in using endoscopic techniques to diagnose and treat early gastrointestinal cancers, including pancreatic cancer, stomach cancer, and esophageal cancer. Using these minimally invasive techniques allows me to help my patients have shorter recoveries and good long-term outcomes.
I was inspired to pursue a career in medicine by my mother, who is a doctor. I saw how fulfilled she was by working with people to help them feel better and knew that I wanted to do the same. I joined MSK in 2012 and enjoy working with my colleagues across the hospital to provide comprehensive care for our patients.
In addition to my clinical work, I am actively involved in quality improvement research, which includes measuring and evaluating how we are performing and how our patients are doing. The goal of this research is to continue to improve the safety and efficiency of procedures, ensuring that our patients have a positive experience. I’m also working to devise new technologies that will help our team more accurately and effectively diagnose and treat gastrointestinal cancers.
Outside of work, I enjoy traveling and exploring New York City with my family.
- Clinical Expertise: Pancreatic Cancer; Pancreatic Cysts; Colon Cancer; Rectal Cancer; Esophageal Cancer; Gallbladder & Bile Duct Tumors; Stomach Cancer; Management of Pre-Cancerous Lesions; Endoscopy; Colonoscopy; Small Intestinal Enteroscopy; Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS); Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Brown University Medical School; MS in Clilnical Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania
- Residencies: Barnes Jewish Hospital/Washington University School of Medicine (St. Louis)
- Fellowships: University of Pennsylvania
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Gastroenterology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Pari Shah
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more