I am a pulmonologist with a special interest in treating lung conditions arising from cancer or its treatment. As one of the few pulmonologists with formal training in interventional pulmonology, I am able to utilize a full spectrum of advanced minimally invasive techniques in making the diagnosis of enlarged lymph nodes in the chest or small lung nodules, as well as to provide therapy for complications from cancer such as central airway obstruction or pleural effusion (fluid accumulation around the lung). These techniques include endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS), electromagnetic navigation bronchoscopy (a GPS-like guidance system for the lungs), rigid bronchoscopy, airway stent placement, laser therapy, and indwelling chest tube placement (PleurX).
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with lung nodules or an enlarged lymph node in the chest, it is crucial to find a physician who can help you navigate the medical system and the numerous treatment options available. Here at Memorial Sloan Kettering, we offer a full spectrum of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. I collaborate closely with thoracic surgeons and interventional radiologists to find the best approach to making the diagnosis and providing treatment, minimizing the chance of undergoing multiple invasive procedures.
My research interest involves developing novel innovative products and techniques to improve bronchoscopy and making early lung cancer diagnoses.
- Clinical Expertise: Lung Nodule; Lung Cancer; Advanced Bronchoscopy; Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS); Electomagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy (SuperDimension); Autofluorescence Bronchoscopy; Rigid Bronchoscopy; Airway Tumor Ablation; Airway Stents; PleurX Catheter Placement; Percutaneous Dilational Tracheostomy
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/New Jersey Medical School
- Residencies: Georgetown University Medical Center
- Fellowships: New York University School of Medicine; Lahey Clinic, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Board Certifications: Pulmonary Disease; Critical Care Medicine; Internal Medicine
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.