I am a medical oncologist who specializes in stem cell transplantation to treat hematologic malignancies. These include leukemias, multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndrome, and lymphoma. In my research, I am particularly interested in improving stem cell transplantation and developing new cell-based therapies to treat these diseases.
Read more Read less
Stem cell transplantation is the most established form of cellular therapy for hematologic malignancies. New cellular therapies, like genetically modified T cells, provide an opportunity to bring about complete remissions in people with difficult-to-treat leukemias or lymphomas. I’m interested in using genetic engineering to improve the safety and effectiveness of cellular therapies, including stem cell transplantation and adoptive T cell immunotherapy.
- Clinical Expertise: Stem Cell Transplantation
- Awards and Honors: Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy Bridge Scholar (2017); Amy Strelzer Manasevit Research Program Award (2017); Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy Pilot Award (2017); ASCO Young Investigator Award (2016)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, PhD, Immunology, University of Washington
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - University of Washington
- Fellowships: Hematology/Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine
Ghosh, A.*, M. Smith*, S. E. James*, M. L. Davila*, E. Velardi, K. V. Argyropoulos, G. Gunset, F. Perna, F. M. Kreines, E. R. Levy, S. Lieberman, H. V. Jay, A. Z. Tuckett, J. L. Zakrzewski, L. Tan, L. F. Young, K. Takvorian, J. A. Dudakov, R. R. Jenq, A. M. Hanash, A. C. F. Motta, G. F. Murphy, C. Liu, A. Schietinger, M. Sadelain, and M. R. M. van den Brink. Donor CD19 CAR T cells exert potent graft-versus-lymphoma activity with diminished graft-versus-host activity. Nat. Med. 2017 Feb; 23: 242–249. *Shared first authorship
Read more Read less
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more