This information explains your MyMSK Recovery Tracker and how to use it. You may also find it helpful to watch the video below.
What is the MyMSK Recovery Tracker?
After your surgery, you may have some pain or other symptoms. To help us care for you, we will send you questions through your MyMSK account. These questions are known as your MyMSK Recovery Tracker. Your responses to these questions will help us understand how you’re feeling after your surgery at the Josie Robertson Surgery Center (JRSC).Back to top
How do I use it?
- You must be signed up for MyMSK. You can access MyMSK at my.mskcc.org. If you’re not sure if you signed up for MyMSK or if you don’t remember how to use it, ask your healthcare provider or call 646-227-2593 for help.
- After you go home, you will get an email invitation to participate in the MyMSK Recovery Tracker.
- We will send you questions to your MyMSK account every day for 5 to 10 days after your surgery.
- Make sure to answer the questions in your tracker every day before midnight (12:00 am). After midnight, the questions will be removed and you will get new questions the next day.
- Answering the questions in your Recovery Tracker will only take you 1 to 3 minutes to complete. You can have your caregiver help you fill them out.
What happens to the information I enter?
- Your responses will be sent to your MSK healthcare team. They will review your responses to make sure your recovery is going as expected. Based on your responses, someone may contact you or you may be told to call your surgeon’s office to provide more information.
- Your information is secure. It will be stored at MSK and only your healthcare team can see it.
If you need medical care right away, call 911 or go to your local emergency room.
If you have a question or concern, call your surgeon’s office from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. After 5:00 pm, during the weekend, or on holidays, call 212-639-2000 and ask for the doctor on call for your surgeon.