After your surgery, you may have some pain or other symptoms. To help us care for you, we will send you questions through the MyMSK Recovery Tracker so that we know how you’re feeling after you go home.
What is the MyMSK Recovery Tracker?
The MyMSK Recovery Tracker a group of questions that help us understand how you’re feeling after your surgery at the Josie Robertson Surgery Center (JRSC). It’s part of MyMSK (our patient portal).Back to top
How do I use it?
- You must be signed up for MyMSK. You can access MyMSK at my.mskcc.org. If you’re not sure if you signed up for MyMSK or you don’t remember how to use it, please ask one of our staff or call 646-227-2593 for help.
- After you go home, you will get an email invitation to participate in MyMSK Recovery Tracker.
- We will send you questions to your MyMSK account every day for 5 to 10 days after your surgery.
- Fill out these questions every day before midnight to let us know how you’re feeling. They will only take 1 to 3 minutes. You can have your caregiver help you fill them out.
What happens to the information I enter?
- Your responses will be sent to your MSK healthcare team. They will review your responses to make sure your recovery is going as expected. Based on your responses, someone may contact you or you may be told to call your surgeon’s office to provide more information.
- Your healthcare team may review your responses with you when you return to your surgeon’s office for your follow-up visit.
- Your information is secure. It will be stored at MSK and only your healthcare team can see it.
What else should I know?
- The MyMSK Recovery Tracker is not for emergencies.
- If you have a question or concern, call your surgeon’s office from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. After 5:00 pm, during the weekend, or on holidays, call 212-639-2000 and ask for the doctor on call for your surgeon.
- If you need medical care right away, call 911 or go to your local emergency room.