Memorial Sloan Kettering believes the scope of breast cancer care expands well beyond surgery, chemotherapy, or radiation. MSK breast cancer programs look after the well-being of the whole patient to ensure that both their physical and emotional needs are met during every phase of care. Our proactive assessment and screening program prioritizes patient health well before a diagnosis for those with a high risk of developing breast cancer.
We also have tailored programs that help young breast cancer patients handle challenges associated with their diagnosis. All breast cancer patients can receive personalized plans for nutrition, exercise, counseling and more through our MSK Healthy Living program. MSK’s experts are uniquely qualified to manage your treatment, no matter what your specific breast cancer diagnosis is.
- RISE: A Screening Program for People at Increased Breast Cancer Risk: Through the RISE Program, our experts help people at an increased risk of breast cancer shape personalized long-term surveillance plans.
- Breast Cancer in Young Women: MSK’s program for young women with breast cancer is tailored to women age 45 and younger. We will guide you through every challenge during and after treatment.
- Rare Breast Cancer: A diagnosis of a rare breast cancer means you have a type of breast cancer that is not common. Out of every 100 people with breast cancer, 5 cases are a rare subtype. Because there are so few cases, only some doctors have experience in diagnosing and treating them. It’s important to choose a care team that is trained in treating rare breast cancers.
- Hereditary Breast Cancer Treatment: MSK’s Hereditary Breast Cancer Treatment Program is just for people with breast cancer related to an inherited gene mutation. It’s important to choose a care team that is very experienced in managing this type of breast cancer. MSK experts understand the special needs of people with this disease. We developed this program to help you and your loved ones find the latest treatment options. If you’re facing this diagnosis, you’re not alone.
- MSK Healthy Living: At Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, we are committed to helping you live your best life during and after cancer treatment. MSK Healthy Living is an evidence-based, personalized program with one-on-one support to help you in every aspect of your journey.
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer: Inflammatory breast cancer makes up just 1% to 5% of all breast cancers. Read one patient’s story to understand how inflammatory breast cancer may present differently and how MSK was able to coordinate her care and help get her on a path back to wellness.
- Breast Cancer in Adults Over 65: MSK’s program for adults over 65 offers the care you need with a personal touch. We understand the special cancer care needs of people over 65 who have been diagnosed with breast cancer.