- What is the purpose of the Chemical Biology Summer Program?
- What will ChBSP interns do?
- Is the summer program limited to specific majors?
- Where is the internship located?
- Is this a paid internship?
- How many slots are available for this program?
- Is summer housing provided?
- What amenities are included in housing?
- Does the program cover travel costs?
1. What is the purpose of the Chemical Biology Summer Program?
This 10-week program is designed to bring outstanding chemistry, biochemistry, and chemical biology undergraduate rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors interested in pursuing a career at the intersection of chemistry and biomedicine for a research experience on the Weill Cornell, Memorial Sloan Kettering, and Rockefeller University campuses.
2. What will ChBSP interns do?
ChBSP interns will adapt their chemistry skills to answer biomedically-focused research questions in cutting-edge laboratories. Each intern will have an independent project and will work with an assigned lab faculty/mentor. In addition to working in the lab, interns will attend journal clubs, scientific and professional development seminars. At the end of the 10-week program, the ChBSP intern will present a poster on their project.
3. Is the summer program limited to specific majors?
Those who have completed college-level chemistry courses, courses in general biology and/or introductory chemistry (preferred but not required) and have an interest in application of chemistry techniques to biological problem are invited to apply to ChBSP. We are most interested in those who would like to pursue graduate work in chemical biology.
4. Where is the internship located?
Interns will be hosted on site in one of the tri-I faculty labs listed on the ChBSP website (MSK, Weill Cornell or Rockefeller) in New York City.
5. Is this a paid internship?
Yes, interns will receive a stipend of $6,000 for the summer paid on a bi-weekly basis.
6. How many slots are available for this program?
The program enrolls 6 interns per summer.
7. Is summer housing provided?
Yes, summer (dormitory) housing is provided for free to any who need it. Interns will be paired in groups of 2 per room and by gender.
8. What amenities are included in housing?
The assigned space consists of a twin-size bed, a dresser, a desk, and closet space. All apartments have two bedrooms, each suite has a kitchenette which contains a microwave, electric stove-top burners, sink, cabinets, a large refrigerator and private bathroom (Utilities and Wi-Fi included). Dishes, utensils and cooking supplies are not provided.
9. Does the program cover travel costs?
No, the program does not cover travel costs.