- Do I need to be enrolled in school?
- Is there a minimum GPA to participate in this program?
- Can I apply if I am not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States?
- Does the program sponsor visas?
- Do I need lab experience to be accepted into the program?
- I will be graduating from college in the Spring, am I eligible to participate?
- I have a bachelor’s degree, but pursuing a second bachelor’s, can I apply?
Yes-eligible applicants must be an active enrolled undergraduate rising sophomore, junior or senior. We cannot enroll those who have graduated from university, only those who are active undergraduate students.Back to top
Participants should have a minimum GPA of 3.0.Back to top
Yes, with caveats. The program accepts applications from non-US citizens enrolled in an accredited college or university, but those accepted into the internship will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the US in order to participate in the program.
You are eligible to apply if you have a student visa (only F-1 or J-1 student visas are acceptable. OPT or CPT.) Student Visas (F-1 and J-1) are provided by the student’s school. The program is not responsible to obtain the OPT or CPT status- the accepted intern will bear this responsibility.Back to top
No, the program does not sponsor visas. The intern is responsible for obtaining a student visa.Back to top
Lab experience is not required but most interns to date have had some laboratory experience/exposure. If you have had previous lab experience, please note it on your application.Back to top
Individuals who are graduating are not eligible to participate in the program, as you need to be an active/enrolled student in order to be eligible.Back to top
Yes, if you are an active student pursuing a bachelor’s degree you can apply, even if it is your second bachelor’s degree. You cannot apply to the program if you are pursuing a master’s degree or have completed a master’s degree.Back to top