The application for the 2023 Summer Pipeline Program is now closed.
The Summer Pipeline Program is an eight-week research program at MSK offered to students from underrepresented groups in medicine who have completed their first or second year at an accredited US medical school and have an interest in pursuing a career as a physician-scientist in the field of oncology or related biomedical sciences.
View the Summer Pipeline Program brochure
Students in this program will:
- Advance an oncology-related research project of interest, which can include lab, clinical, and translational research, as well as biostatistics and epidemiology.
- Gain clinical or laboratory research experience under the mentorship of MSK faculty.
- Interact with MSK physicians, PhD investigators, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students.
- Attend weekly educational lecture series presented by world-renowned MSK faculty, skill-building talks and workshops, departmental conferences, and lab meetings.
- Present their summer research to peers and MSK faculty during the final week of the program.
MSK’s Office of Health Equity is pleased to provide funding and support to students accepted into this program.
- First- or second-year medical students in good academic standing at US medical schools accredited by LCME (Liaison Committee on Medical Education) or COCA (Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation).
- Must be free of other academic commitments during the program’s eight-week period. Students who are in the process of repeating a course or who will need to repeat a course during the summer are not eligible.
- Non-US citizens must provide evidence of eligibility to participate in the program by the acceptance deadline. This includes a personal statement, current CV, and letter of good academic standing.
All applicants will be notified of a decision via email by March 1, 2023. You must confirm your spot within three days of the acceptance notification. Decisions are granted on a rolling basis.
Stipend & Housing
- Participants receive a $7,000 stipend for the eight-week program.
- MSK does not provide housing to program participants. A list of housing resources will be available for accepted students. All housing and transportation expenses are the participant’s responsibility.
For questions about the Summer Pipeline Program, please contact:
MSK’s Office of Health Equity
1233 York Avenue; 5th floor
New York, NY 10065
Email: [email protected]