1. Who is eligible for the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Medical Student Summer Fellowship Program?
- Applicants must be in their first- or second-year at an accredited US medical school.
- Students must be in good academic standing. Students who are repeating a course or will need to repeat a course during the summer are not eligible to participate. To verify their standing, students must submit a letter of good standing as part of their application.
- Applicants must be able participate in the program for the published dates and provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the US by the award acceptance deadline.
- Applicants are not permitted to contact faculty sponsors during the application process. Applicants who do not abide by this policy will be disqualified from consideration.
The Summer Fellowship Program is highly competitive. In 2016, our acceptance yield was 7 percent. However, since students apply for specific projects, some projects are more competitive than others. It is recommended that students apply for those projects that specifically interest them and for which they have relevant academic preparation and/or research experience.Back to top
All applications must be complete and received by the application deadline January 10, 2017 at 5:00 pm EST.Back to top
The program runs from June 5 –August 11, 2017 or June 12 –August 18, 2017, start and end dates included.
Applicants should consider final exam schedules, second- or third-year start dates, and any anticipated personal commitments during program dates before submitting an application. Uninterrupted participation is required.Back to top
Applicants are required to participate in the program for the published dates. Participants are required to complete the full program onsite, start and end dates included. There are no exceptions. Applicants that are unable to adhere to these requirements are not eligible to participate.should not apply.Back to top
Memorial Sloan Kettering does not provide housing to participants. A list of housing resources will be provided to accepted students. All housing and transportation expenses are the participant’s responsibility.Back to top
All applicants will be notified of a decision by email by March 10, 2017. Accepted students will be expected to confirm their participation within three business days of their acceptance notification or forfeit their spot in the program. Once the application review process begins, decisions are granted on a rolling basis.Back to top
Accepted applicants must confirm their participation in the program within three business days of their acceptance notification or forfeit their spot in the program.Back to top
Applicants are not permitted to contact faculty sponsors during the application process. Applicants who do not abide by this policy will be disqualified from consideration.Back to top
If you have a question that has not been answered by the information provided on our website, please contact us at email@example.com or 212.639.3359.Back to top