- When may I apply for an elective?
- Is there an application fee?
- How do I apply?
- Is the USMLE Step 1 exam required for international applicants?
- Will I be charged tuition for my elective(s)?
- Are electives available for alternative dates?
- What is the maximum amount of time I can spend in Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s Elective Program?
- When and how will I know if I have been accepted?
- Upon completion of my elective(s), will I receive a seal?
- May I contact faculty sponsor(s) for the program directly?
- What kind of visa will I need?
- Is there a deadline for accepting my elective placement?
- May I request a change to my elective assignment?
- Does Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center provide housing to visiting medical students?
Students may apply for electives as soon as the enrollment period begins. For domestic students, applications typically open the 1st week in April. For international students, applications typically open between May — June. Please check our website periodically for precise dates as the enrollment period draws closer.Back to top
There is a one-time, non-refundable application fee of 100 USD.Back to top
See How to Apply.Back to top
USMLE Step 1 scores are required from applicants at international schools. We are unable to review applications submitted without USMLE Step 1 scores.Back to top
Memorial Hospital does not charge tuition for medical student electives.Back to top
Electives are only available for the dates published on our website.Back to top
7. What is the maximum amount of time I can spend in Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s Elective Program?
Students may participate in MSK’s Elective Program for a maximum of eight weeks.Back to top
MSK’s elective program is very highly sought after and thusly, receives a very high number of applicants. We aim to notify students of a decision within 8 weeks after receiving their applications. Students may take longer to receive a decision if the number of applications received is higher than anticipated.Back to top
At the successful conclusion of their elective(s), students will receive the seal of Memorial Hospital on an elective program certification letter or pre-approved confirmation documents. While a student’s status as a Memorial Hospital elective participant provides them with the equivalent rights and duties of a Weill Cornell medical student for the limited period of their elective(s), they will not receive any certification, validation, or seal from Weill Cornell Medical College.Back to top
As a future physician, please be mindful of time constraints placed on a practicing physician’s busy schedule. All inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to top
Students are responsible for obtaining their own visas. Please see U.S. Citizenship and Information Services for more information on visa-related issues.Back to top
Students have one week from the day they receive their acceptance email to confirm their participation. Those who do not respond within one week will forfeit their elective placement(s).Back to top
All assignments are final. Please carefully review module dates and elective descriptions when making your selections.Back to top
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is unable to provide housing to visiting medical students. Accepted students will be provided with a list of housing resources.
If you did not find the answer to your question in the Frequently Asked Questions section, please send your question to email@example.com.Back to top