The MSK Ralph Lauren Center (RLC) offers Harlem and the surrounding community convenient access to screening for breast, cervical, prostate, and colorectal cancers, as well as referrals for lung cancer screening at other MSK locations based on your current or past tobacco use.
If you are uninsured or underinsured and a resident of New York State, you may be able to access screenings for breast, cervical, and colorectal cancers with no out-of-pocket cost through the New York State Cancer Services Program. Staff at MSK RLC will help determine if you are eligible for this program.
Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please call the MSK Ralph Lauren Center at 212-987-1777.
When you come in to MSK RLC, you will speak with an advanced practice provider (APP). These healthcare providers receive specialized training and work alone or with a doctor to care for you.
The APP will discuss your health history with you and help determine your eligibility for each cancer screening available at MSK RLC.
Available Cancer Screenings at MSK RLC
If you are eligible for:
- clinical breast exam and a mammogram the same day.
- Cervical cancer screening, you will receive a Pap smear the same day.
- Colorectal cancer screening, you may choose to receive a referral for a colonoscopy or a fecal immunochemical test (FIT) kit. A colonoscopy is the only test that can find polyps (abnormal growths on the inside surface of the colon that can grow into cancer) and remove them. A FIT test, which looks for blood in your stool, will be given to you to take home or mailed to you if you had a telemedicine appointment. You provide a stool sample for this test and send the sample directly to a testing lab. If there are signs of blood in your stool, a follow-up colonoscopy is recommended and MSK RLC will provide you with a referral for that test.
- Prostate cancer screening, you will have your blood drawn for a prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test the same day.
- Lung cancer screening, you will be referred to MSK’s lung cancer screening program, which offers low-dose CT scans at most of our other locations. The scan is a separate appointment.
You will receive a letter in the mail with your test results. If you have an abnormal result, a provider from MSK will call you to discuss the next steps.
If You Are Diagnosed With Cancer
We are here for you. Our doctors, nurses, and other specialists work together on treatment teams for each patient and are experienced in caring for people with the type of cancer you have. In addition to your medical care, your team will also develop a plan to care for your total well-being, including support for your family and loved ones.
MSK accepts most health insurance plans, and we have a dedicated team able to assist in navigating any insurance-related questions. If you’re not covered, we make every effort to help. Call 646-497-9176 or visit www.mskcc.org/insurance-assistance.