OncoKB, the first tumor mutation database to be recognized by the FDA, distills the clinical expertise of Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) physicians and physician-scientists to provide a comprehensive and up-to-date clinical decision support tool for personalized cancer care.
On October 7, 2021, the Food and Drug Administration granted recognition to a partial listing of OncoKB as the first tumor mutation database to be included in the Public Human Genetic Variant Databases. It’s the first tumor mutation database to be recognized by the FDA.
OncoKB, a pathbreaking precision oncology knowledge base powered by the clinical expertise of Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), provides accurate and up-to-date information about the biological and clinical implications of over 5,000 cancer gene alterations.
Treatment information is classified using the OncoKB Levels of Evidence system, which assigns clinical actionability (ranging from standard-of-care to investigational treatments) to individual mutational events.
- OncoKB is powered by the clinical expertise of Memorial Sloan Kettering physicians and physician-scientists;
- Insights from MSK’s FDA-approved targeted tumor sequencing test (MSK-IMPACT) provide a rich dataset for variant discovery;
- OncoKB Levels of Evidence align 1:1 with the Levels of Evidence developed by AMP/ASCO/CAP;
- OncoKB annotations can be incorporated into a local instance of cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics, providing a custom and dynamic web-based platform for exploring patient sequencing data;
- High-performance API for variant annotation;
- Support from OncoKB scientists;
- For more detailed information on OncoKB’s data and database features/capabilities, see here.
- Dr. Debyani Chakravarty, PhD; OncoKB Lead Scientist, Memorial Sloan Kettering
- JJ Gao, PhD; OncoKB Lead Engineer, MSK
- Nikolaus Schultz, PhD; Head of Knowledge Systems, MSK
Visit the OncoKB database for FAQs, videos, and more information.
OncoKB is available for non-exclusive licensing to commercial entities.
Max Cruz, Business Development and Digital Licensing, Office of Technology Development, MSK