OncoKB®, the first somatic tumor mutation database to be recognized by the FDA, distills the clinical expertise of Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) physicians and physician-scientists to provide a comprehensive and up-to-date clinical decision support tool for personalized cancer care.
On October 7, 2021, the Food and Drug Administration granted recognition to a partial listing of OncoKB® as the first tumor mutation database to be included in the Public Human Genetic Variant Databases. It’s the first somatic tumor mutation database to be recognized by the FDA.
OncoKB®, a pathbreaking precision oncology knowledge base powered by the clinical expertise of Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), provides accurate and up-to-date information about the biological and clinical implications of over 5,000 cancer gene alterations.
Treatment information is classified using the OncoKB® Levels of Evidence system, which assigns clinical actionability (ranging from standard-of-care to investigational treatments) to individual mutational events.
- OncoKB® is powered by the clinical expertise of Memorial Sloan Kettering physicians and physician-scientists;
- Insights from MSK’s FDA-approved targeted tumor sequencing test (MSK-IMPACT™) provide a rich dataset for variant discovery;
- OncoKB® Levels of Evidence align 1:1 with the Levels of Evidence developed by AMP/ASCO/CAP;
- OncoKB® annotations can be incorporated into a local instance of cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics, providing a custom and dynamic web-based platform for exploring patient sequencing data;
- High-performance API for variant annotation;
- Support from OncoKB® scientists;
- For more detailed information on OncoKB® data and database features/capabilities, see here.
- Debyani Chakravarty, PhD; OncoKB® Lead Scientist, MSK
- Nikolaus Schultz, PhD; Head of Knowledge Systems, MSK
Visit the OncoKB® database for FAQs and more information.
Watch a video introduction to OncoKB® (3:57 min.).
OncoKB® is available for non-exclusive licensing to commercial entities.
Zachary Taft, Digital Ventures Lead, Office of Technology Development, MSK