Tissue of Origin: Lung
Cancer Type: Lung - Cancer
CaLu-05 is a human lung adenocarcinoma cell line.
This cell line was established in 1971 from lung metastasis in a person with lung adenocarcinoma
- Jorgen Fogh, PhD, formerly at Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering
- Fogh J.Human tumor lines for cancer research. Cancer Invest. 4:157-184(1986) Pubmed ID 3518877;
- Kaplan D.H., Shankaran V., Dighe A.S., Stockert E., Aguet M., Old L.J., Schreiber R.D. Demonstration of an interferon gamma-dependent tumor surveillance system in immunocompetent mice. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 95:7556-7561(1998) Pubmed ID 9636188.
This cell line may be licensed nonexclusively for research or commercial purposes.
- Express License: For internal research purposes by a for-profit entity: Fill out MSK’s Core Express License; see here for links to the online fillable Core Express License, as well as a PDF version. For detailed guidance on how to fill out this webform, see here. Please note: In order to streamline and expedite the licensing of select MSK cell lines, the terms of this non-exclusive license are non-negotiable. This license is only available for select cell lines, including this one. Once this license has been executed by MSK, you will receive a signed copy and payment instructions; all payments up to $10,000 must be made by credit card.
- Commercial License: Contact MSK’s Tangible Research Materials team at [email protected].
- For non-licensing requests from academic-research institutions: Contact MSK’s Antibody & Bioresource Core Facility at [email protected].