SK-MEL-24 is one of a series of melanoma cell lines established from patient-derived tumor samples. This cell line expresses wildtype B-Raf and wildtype N-Ras.
This cell line was established from a metastatic site (lymph node) in a 67-year-old Caucasian male with malignant melanoma.
- Lloyd J. Old, MD, former William E. Snee Chair in Cancer Immunology, Memorial Sloan Kettering; former Director, New York Branch, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
- Toshitada Takahashi, MD, formerly at Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering
- Carey TE et al. (1976) Cell surface antigens of human malignant melanoma: mixed hemadsorption assays for humoral immunity to cultured autologous melanoma cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 73: 3278-3282 (PubMed ID: 1067619)
- Xing F et al. (2012) Concurrent loss of the PTEN and RB1 tumor suppressors attenuates RAF dependence in melanomas harboring (V600E) BRAF. Oncogene 31(4):446-457 (PubMed ID: 21725359)
This cell line may be licensed nonexclusively for research or commercial purposes.
- Express License: For internal research purposes by a for-profit entity: 1) Fill out MSK’s ATCC Express License, see here for links to the online fillable ATCC Express License, as well as a PDF version. 2) After execution by MSK, you will receive a signed copy, and can then place your order with ATCC. For detailed guidance on how to fill out this webform, see here. Please note: In order to streamline and expedite the licensing of select MSK cell lines, the terms of this non-exclusive license are non-negotiable. This license is only available for select cell lines, including this one. Once this license has been executed by MSK, you will receive a signed copy and payment instructions; all payments up to $10,000 must be made by credit card.
- Commercial License: Contact MSK’s Tangible Materials team at [email protected].
- For non-licensing requests from academic-research institutions: Frances Weis-Garcia, PhD, Associate Laboratory Member/Head, Antibody & Bioresource Core Facility, MSK, 646-888-2354, [email protected]