This is a collection of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) cell lines derived from metastatic sites of patients who underwent surgery. See chart for additional information.
|Cell Line||Metastatic Site||Growth in Nude Mice||Growth in Soft Agar|
|SK-RC-17||Soft Tissue||Not Determined||Yes|
|SK-RC-26a *||Lung||Not Determined||Not Determined|
|SK-RC-26b *||Lymph Node||Not Determined||Not Determined|
|SK-RC-54||Lung||Not Determined||Not Determined|
*A cell line established from the primary tumor of the same patient is available.
Adapted from Ebert T et al. Cancer Research 50: 5531-5536 (1990)
All cell lines were established in Dr. Lloyd Old’s laboratory, from patients undergoing nephrectomy at Memorial Hospital, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, between the years 1972 and 1987. Fresh surgical specimens were obtained from Tumor Procurement Services, Department of Surgical Pathology, Memorial Hospital, Memorial Sloan Kettering.
Lloyd J. Old, MD, former William E. Snee Chair in Cancer Immunology, Memorial Sloan Kettering; former Director, New York Branch, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, and members of the Old Laboratory
- Ueda R et al. (1979) Cell surface antigens of human renal cancer defined by autologous typing. Journal of Experimental Medicine 150: 564-579 (PubMed ID: 479762)
- Ebert T et al. (1990) Establishment and characterization of human renal cancer and normal kidney cell lines. Cancer Research 50: 5531-5536 (PubMed ID: 2386958)
- Sjölund J et al. (2008) Suppression of renal cell carcinoma growth by inhibition of Notch signaling in vitro and in vivo. Journal of Clinical Investigation 118: 217-228 (PubMed ID: 18079963)
These cell lines may be nonexclusively licensed, individually or in any preferred combination, for research or commercial purposes.
- For licensing requests: Alexandra Buga, MBA, Business Development Analyst, Office of Technology Development, MSK, 646-888-1078, email@example.com
- For non-licensing requests from academic-research institutions: Frances Weis-Garcia, PhD, Associate Laboratory Member/Head, Antibody & Bioresource Core Facility, MSK, 646-888-2354, firstname.lastname@example.org