Inside My Lab: Adrienne Boire
My laboratory focuses on metastasis to the central nervous system (CNS), both leptomeningeal and parenchymal metastases. We employ multiple complementary approaches to identify and target cancer cell adaptations to the challenging microenvironmental constraints posed by the CNS.
Adrienne A. Boire, MD, PhD
Research FocusPhysician-scientist Adrienne Boire studies metastasis to the central nervous system.
- PhD, Tufts University, Boston, MA
- MD, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Boire A, Zou Y, Shieh J, Macalino D, Pentsova E and J Massagué. 2017 Complement Component 3 Adapts the Cerebrospinal Fluid for Leptomeningeal Metastasis. Cell 168(6):1101-1113.
- Chen Q, Boire A**, Jin X, Valiente M, Er EE, Lopez-Soto A, Patwa R, Shah H, Xu K, Cross JR and J Massagué. 2016 Carcinoma-astrocyte gap junctions promote brain metastasis by cGAMP transfer. Nature 533(7604):493-8. **Co-first author
- Vienna Medical Academy Award (2017)
- Damon Runyon Clinical Investigator Award (2017)
- Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award (2012)
- Pew Biomedical Scholar (2018)