I am a mechanical and optical engineer and principal investigator in the Optical Imaging Laboratory in the Dermatology Service. My research focuses on creating novel confocal microscopes and endoscopes for imaging skin and head and neck cancers, and translating this technology to clinical applications in screening, diagnostics and surgical guidance.
Milind Rajadhyaksha, PhD
Research FocusOptical engineer Milind Rajadhyaksha studies confocal microscopy for the imaging of cancer, technology development, and translational and clinical studies in skin and head and neck cancers.
- Iftimia N, Ferguson RD, Mujat M, Patel AH, Zhang EZ, Fox W, Rajadhyaksha M. Combined reflectance confocal microscopy/optical coherence tomography imaging for skin burn assessment. Biomed Opt Express. 2013 Apr 8;4(5):680-95
- Abeytunge S, Li Y, Larson B, Peterson G, Seltzer E, Toledo-Crow R, Rajadhyaksha M. Confocal microscopy with strip mosaicing for rapid imaging over large areas of excised tissue. J Biomed Opt. 2013 Jun;18(6):61227. doi: 10.1117/1.JBO.18.6.061227.
- Cover of British Journal of Dermatology (June 2009)
- Cover of Journal of Investigative Dermatology (October 2012)
- Cover of JID's 75th anniversary issue (October 2012)
- Two papers, ranked 3rd and 16th, on JID's list of 50 most-cited papers in the past 25 years (2012)