Thank you for your interest in becoming a patient or family advisor at MSK. Our mission is to integrate the patient and family perspective into every aspect of MSK’s efforts to prevent, diagnose, treat, and cure cancer. This program strengthens communication and collaboration among patients, families, clinicians, staff, and administrators to develop and improve programs, facilities, and services at MSK.
If you are a patient or family member of a person treated at MSK, you are eligible to apply for the advisor program.
This application will help us match advisors with opportunities that best fit their experience, interests, and availability. Please include the following information with the application:
- A current resume or biographical statement outlining personal, professional, and volunteer experience.
A statement of interest including, but not limited to, the following information:
- Why you are interested in being an advisor
- Why you believe you will be a good advocate for patient- and family-centered care
- What qualities and skills you will contribute to the program
- The amount of time you are willing to commit to this work
- Examples of your experience of group membership
During the application process, a telephone interview will take place and may be followed up with an in-person interview with current advisors or staff members. All volunteers are required to do a health screening and attend an on-site volunteer orientation.
Please click here to fill out an editable PDF application and return the completed document to email@example.com. If you have any questions, call Elizabeth Krug at 646-888-5803.