I am a hematologist and medical oncologist who specializes in caring for people with leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome. I am board-certified in hematology, medical oncology, and internal medicine. I work as part of a team of doctors and nurses with wide-ranging expertise to bring the most-advanced, comprehensive care in the world to our patients and their families.
Read more Read less
Patients often come to me with deep concerns about how their disease will affect their lives. I treat every patient as if they are a member of my family. As a physician, I take time to listen to their concerns and provide thorough answers. As a scientist, I study the molecular features of each patient’s disease to determine which specific therapy will work best to treat them.
At MSK, we have many clinical trials that give our patients access to groundbreaking therapies. These include immunotherapy, epigenetic therapy, and other small-molecule targeted approaches. I lead multiple clinical trials evaluating new treatments designed to specifically target leukemia.
Working with scientific collaborators, I also study leukemia in the laboratory. Our long-term goal is to provide more effective and less toxic therapies for people with acute myeloid leukemia. My colleagues and I are working to advance our field so that we can continue to offer our patients options beyond traditional treatments, such as chemotherapy.
Every day I reflect on what an extraordinary privilege it is to care for people with leukemia and other blood disorders. I hope that all of my patients leave a visit with me knowing that I will work tirelessly to provide them with the best possible care.
- Clinical Expertise: Adult Acute and Chronic Leukemias; Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML); Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS); Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (MPNs); Immunotherapy
- Awards and Honors: American Society of Hematology Fellow Scholar Award in Clinical Research (2018); Advancing Science through Pfizer Investigator Research Exchange (ASPIRE) Oncology/Hematology Clinical Research Award (2017); American Society of Clinical Oncology Young Investigator Award (2017); Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Chief Hematology Fellow (2016); Resident Mentor Award, Brigham and Women’s Hospital (2014); Franklyn Ellenbogen Prize in Hematology-Oncology, Weill Cornell Medical College (2011)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Weill Cornell Medical College; PhD, Rockefeller University
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Fellowships: Hematology/Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Hematology; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Aaron D. Goldberg
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more