I am a neurologist with an interest in the neurological complications of cancer and its treatment. The needs of patients with brain and spinal cord tumors can be very complex, particularly in the advanced stages of their illnesses, and I am working with other neurologists as well as specialists in other fields to ensure that these patients receive the best possible care.
- Clinical Expertise: Neurological Complications of Cancer and Its Treatment; Headache and Pain Medicine; End-of-Life Care; General Neurology
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Boston University
- Residencies: Neurology - New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: Palliative Care - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Neurology
Moryl M., Carver A., Foley K., Management of Cancer Pain, in Holland et al., Cancer Medicine, 7th ed., BC Decker, Inc. 2006
Carver A. Editor & Chair, Continuum Quintessentials, Pain and Palliative Care, Lifelong Learning in Neurology, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, December, 2005.
Carver A. Pain. ACP Medicine Online, Web MD, Inc. NY, 2005.
Carver AC, Foley KM (eds) Neurologic Clinics: Palliative Care, Vol. 19, No. 4, November, 2001. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA.
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more