I am a medical oncologist who specializes in the treatment of lung cancer. I work with a team of experts including surgeons, radiation oncologists, pathologists, and nurses. Our goal is to provide the best possible care and support for patients and their families.
Read more Read less
As a member of the Thoracic Oncology Service, my research is focused on developing new treatments for lung cancer. I have a particular interest in studying ways to target molecular changes in patients’ tumors with new medicines.
I also specialize in early-phase clinical trials and am a member of our Developmental Therapeutics group. Our aim is to bring new drugs to patients with all types of cancer, particularly those for whom standard treatments have been exhausted.
I speak English, Spanish, and Filipino.
- Clinical Expertise: Lung Cancer; Early-Phase Clinical Trials
- Languages Spoken: English; Spanish
- Education: MD, University of the Philippines
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Alexander Drilon
- A Phase I Study of LOXO-292 in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase I Study of RXDX-101 in Patients with Locally Advanced or Metastatic Cancers Containing Alternations in the TRKA, TRKB, TRKC, ROS1, or ALK Proteins
- A Phase I/II Study of TPX-0005 in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase II Study of Cabozantinib in Patients with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Entrectinib in Patients with Locally Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors Containing Gene Rearrangements in NTRK1/2/3, ROS1, or ALK
- A Phase II Study of LOXO-101 in Patients with Cancers Containing the NTRK Gene Fusion
- Phase I Study of PF-02341066 in People with Advanced Cancer
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Alexander Drilon
- A Phase I Study of LOXO-195 for Adults and Children with Advanced Cancers Containing NTRK Mutations
- A Phase II Study of MLN0128 to Treat Advanced Squamous Cell Lung Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Tazemetostat in Patients with Persistent or Recurrent Synovial Sarcomas or Tumors Lacking the INI1 or SMARCA4 Genes
- A Phase II Study of Tepotinib in Patients with Stage IIIB-IV Lung Adenocarcinoma
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more