I am a medical oncologist with special expertise in lymphoma, and former Chief of Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Lymphoma Service. I am a member of a close-knit team that provides compassionate, multidisciplinary care to patients with lymphoma.
I have helped develop a number of the agents now approved to treat lymphoma — including 131I-tosituomab/tositumomab, bortezomib, and pralatrexate — and through clinical studies I am evaluating the benefits of novel combinations of agents. In another area of research I am working to improve the prognostic value of patients’ pathology specimens using computer-aided image analysis. I have published more than 100 papers on lymphoma research in journals such as Blood, Journal of Clinical Oncology, and Clinical Cancer Research.
I am involved in several national organizations that provide information about lymphoma treatment and fund laboratory and clinical research. I am chairperson of the Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Guidelines panel of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network and vice chairperson of the Lymphoma Core Committee of the Cancer and Leukemia Group B. I am also a member of the scientific advisory board of the Lymphoma Research Foundation.
- Clinical Expertise: Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin Lymphomas: Lymphocytic Lymphomas, Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma, Mantle Cell Lymphoma; Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia; Immunotherapy for Lymphoma
- Awards and Honors: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2002-2016)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residencies: Stanford University Medical Center
- Fellowships: Stanford University Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more