My clinical interests include the management of infectious complications from cancer and its treatment. I have extensive experience treating fever/neutropenia, lymphedema-related cellulitis, recurrent Clostridium difficile infection, surgical infections and abscesses, bone/joint infections, and hardware and recurrent urinary tract infections, among other conditions.
Read more Read less
My research interests include infections in the immunocompromised host, recurrent C. difficile infection and fecal transplants in cancer patients, and the effect of pneumonia vaccination on the epidemiology of Streptococcus pneumoniae infections at Memorial Sloan Kettering.
I am also actively involved in administration and the medical education of students, interns, and infectious disease fellows at MSK and Weill Cornell Medical College.
- Clinical Expertise: Management of infections and infectious complications in patients with cancer.
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Albany Medical College
- Residencies: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Infectious Disease
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more