I am a board-certified internist and nephrologist with special expertise in diagnosing and treating the kidney diseases associated with cancer and its treatments. Doctors with this type of expertise (sometimes called “nephro-oncologists”) provide care to patients who are experiencing:
- the deleterious effects of chemotherapy on the kidneys (nephrotoxicity)
- severely impaired renal function requiring dialysis, and who also need chemotherapy to treat their cancer
- renal diseases (nephropathies) associated with solid tumors and hematological malignancies
- any of the complex metabolic disturbances that cancer patients can develop that also affect the kidneys.
Read more Read less
I joined Memorial Sloan Kettering in 1978. Along with other doctors on the Renal Service I consult with colleagues throughout the Memorial Sloan Kettering (surgeons, oncologists, pediatric oncologists, other specialists, and physicians in the intensive care unit) to help provide optimal care for patients who are experiencing the disorders described above.
- Clinical Expertise: Renal and Electrolyte Complications of Cancer; Parenteral Nutrition; Hypertension; Renal Diseases
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Buenos Aires School of Medicine (Argentina)
- Residencies: Coney Island Hospital
- Fellowships: Brookdale Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Nephrology; Nutrition
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more