I am a dentist who is trained in dental oncology, a discipline devoted to the dental and oral care of cancer patients. While I provide all phases of dental and oral care, I have a special interest and expertise in the dental and oral evaluation and treatment of children with cancer; patients with hematologic malignancies such as leukemia, lymphoma, and multiple myeloma; and patients with head and neck cancer. The care that I provide includes dental evaluation (dental clearance) prior to bone-marrow or stem-cell transplant; periodic care during and following cancer treatment; evaluation and treatment of the oral side effects of cancer therapy, such as dry mouth, oral candidiasis (thrush), and mouth sores; tooth restoration, extraction, and root canal therapy; and emergency dental treatment.
Read more Read less
In addition to my clinical practice, I am dedicated to clinical research. I am actively involved in various research projects including:
- Understanding the long-term effects of pediatric cancer therapy on dental and facial development.
- Investigating the relationship between bisphosphonate (eg, pamidronate and zoledronic acid) therapy and osteonecrosis of the jaws.
- Clinical Expertise: Hospital Dentistry; Dental Oncology
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: DMD, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- Residencies: Veterans Administration Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Selected Book Chapters
“Prosthetic reconstruction.” Huryn JM, Bohle GC III, Estilo CL. In: Plastic Surgery: Indications and Practice. Guyuron B, Eriksson E, Persing A, authors; Chung KC, Disa JJ, Gosain AK, Kinney B, Rubin JP, eds. Philadelphia: Saunders; 2009.
Read more Read less
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more