I am a board-certified medical oncologist and am part of a multidisciplinary team that provides compassionate and expert care to patients with prostate cancer and other genitourinary malignancies. My colleagues and I provide patients with individualized treatment approaches that include novel hormonal agents and biologics along with advanced diagnostic methods to ensure that patients receive the most effective treatment and have the best possible outcome.
My laboratory research is focused on identifying biomarkers in prostate cancer that can help doctors select the most effective approach for each individual. My research is also focused on accelerating the pace at which laboratory discoveries are brought to the clinic. In related clinical studies I am investigating whether it is possible to use biologic profiles of androgen receptor signaling in patients’ tumor cells to predict their response to treatment.
I am an author of numerous studies in these areas, and received a Young Investigator Award and two Merit Awards from the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and a Physician Research Training Award from the Department of Defense.
- Clinical Expertise: Prostate Cancer; Targeted Therapies
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Carol Davila University of Medicine (Bucharest, Romania)
- Residencies: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.