I am a medical oncologist with a practice that is devoted solely to the care of people with breast cancer. My research interests involve all areas of breast cancer but focus mainly on the development of new therapies, prevention of cancer recurrence following surgery, and treatment of recurrent disease. Working in conjunction with my colleagues on the Breast Medicine Service, and in breast, surgical, and radiation, and as the liaison in breast medicine to Cancer and Leukemia Group B (a national clinical trial cooperative research group sponsored by the National Cancer Institute), I am involved in clinical trials to develop better hormonal therapies and improved approaches to treatment before surgery. In addition, I am a member of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Scientific Review Committee, and I previously served on the NIH Cooperative Group Review and its Cancer Education committees.
- Clinical Expertise: Breast Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Chicago Medical School
- Residencies: The New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center; North Shore University Hospital
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology; Hematology
Marchalonis JJ, Schluter SF, Wang E, Dehhanpisheh K, Lake D, Yocum DE, Edmnundson AB, Windfield JB. Synthetic autoantigens of immunoglobulins and t-cell receptors: Their recognition in aging, infection, and autoimmunity. Pro Soc Exper Bio Med 1994; 207: 129-47.
Goldenberg D, Sharkey R, Hall T, Mortly S, Siegel, Izon D, Swayne C, Lake D, Hansen H, Pinsky C. Radio-immunotherapy of B-Cell lymphomas with 131-I-labeled L12 (EPB-2) monoclonal antibody. Antibody Immunoconjugate Radio-pharmaceuticals 1991; 4: 763-769.
Alzarka A, Haft J, Bassil H, Goldstein J, Arkel Y, Lake-Lewin D. Correlation of cross-linked fibrin degradation products (D-Dimers) with coronary angiographic lesion morphology. Int J Cardiol 1991; 30:77.
Kris MG, Pablo D, Gralla RJ, Burke T, Prestifilippo J, Lake-Lewin D. Pulmonary toxicity following vinblastine administration in patients receiving mitocycin plus vinca alkaloid combination therapy. Cancer Treat Reports 68, 1019-1031.
Yen A, Lake-Lewin D. Uncoupling lymphocyte proliferation from differentiation:dissimilar dose response relations pokeweek mitogen induced proliferation and differentiation of normal human lymphocytes. Cellular Immunol 1981; 61: 332, 1981.
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Diana E. Lake
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Diana E. Lake
- A Phase III Study Assessing Radiation Therapy to the Breast/Chest Wall and to the Lymph Nodes in Women Whose Lymph Nodes Were Cleared of Cancer Cells by Chemotherapy Before Surgery
- A Phase III Study Evaluating of the Role of Axillary (Armpit) Lymph Node Removal in Patients with Breast Cancer with Positive Sentinel Lymph Nodes after Preoperative Chemotherapy
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more