I am a pathologist with expertise in breast pathology. I examine breast specimens and render pathologic diagnoses based on these examinations. I also am deeply interested in clinical and translational research, and have participated in a number of breast-related studies over the past several years. Some of my important studies (see “Publications”) deal with the expression of steroid hormone receptors in mammary carcinoma, silver-binding nucleolar organizer regions in breast and other cancers, pathology of micro-invasive breast carcinoma, fibroepithelial lesions of the breast, biologic import of axillary micrometastases in breast cancer, and organ-specific metastatic potential in breast cancer.
In addition to English and Hindi, I also speak Marathi, and Gujarati.
- Clinical Expertise: Breast Pathology; Anatomic Pathology; Oncologic Pathology; Cytopathology
- Languages Spoken: English; Hindi
- Education: MBBS, MD, University of Baroda (India)
- Residencies: SUNY Downstate Medical Center; NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Fellowships: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital; Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Anatomic Pathology; Cytopathology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more