I am a medical oncologist who specializes in blood and marrow transplantation for the treatment of blood cancers and related diseases. My clinical and research interests are focused on the use of cord blood as an alternative stem cell source for people who need an allogeneic transplant but don’t have a suitable donor. This is particularly relevant for people of non-European or mixed ancestry.
Read more Read less
As a member of MSK’s Adult Bone Marrow Transplant Service and the MSK Cord Blood Transplant Program, my goal is to improve the outcomes of allogeneic and cord blood transplantation by investigating novel strategies to decrease transplant-related complications. In addition, I aim to investigate the unique biology of cord blood as compared to other graft sources.
- Clinical Expertise: Blood and Marrow Transplantation; Cord Blood Transplantation; Hematologic Malignancies
- Languages Spoken: English; Greek
- Education: MD, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
- Residencies: Internal Medicine – Mount Auburn Hospital, Cambridge, MA
- Fellowships: Hematology/Oncology – Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA; Adult Bone Marrow Transplantation – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more