I am a urologic surgeon with an expertise in voiding dysfunction and pelvic reconstruction. My primary area of interest is incontinence after radical pelvic surgery, such as radical prostatectomy or radical cystectomy, as well as urinary complications associated with radical gastrointestinal or gynecological surgery. I also treat patients who have received radiation therapy for pelvic malignancies. In addition, I have a strong interest in bladder reconstruction following bladder removal and surgery for benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Together with my colleagues in radiation oncology and medical oncology, I am actively involved in studying risk factors for and the natural history of urinary dysfunction associated with prostate cancer and its treatment (surgery or radiation). I am also studying the effectiveness of different types of bladder reconstruction after cystectomy. As an active member of the American Urological Association and the Society for Urodynamics and Female Urology, I have been involved as a faculty member or invited speaker at a number of national and international symposia.
- Clinical Expertise: Voiding Dysfunction; Incontinence; Pelvic Reconstruction; Urinary Tract Reconstruction; Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia; Urinary Diversion; Bladder Cancer; Prostate Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- Residencies: NewYork Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center; NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more